Friday, January 27, 2012

January is ending....aw ya.

Jax likes to "help" me cook. I think baked goods are his favorite. He REALLY likes the dough/batter. This is evidence of some chocolate tart filling I believe...It WAS good. It's funny b/c I can't bring myself to eat any dough or batter despite the happy memories I have of loving it as a child.  It feels weird that I let my son eat it but refuse to let myself have any because of raw eggs and goop. Bless the child to never get salmonella. :)


  Poor Rod always has a rash under neck because of his drooling tendencies.  He also kept splashing water into his eyes and so they look kind of really bloodshot. But he was being sooooo cute I had to keep snapping pictures.  And I took the video (please ignore me)--I have SO much less video of Rod than Jax.
This video is really kind of long and boring unless your his mom or grandma.

This kid is such a ham when he smiles. I love it!
When are you going to get teeth??
He has quite the fascination with dripping water.

 This is the pose Jax takes quite regularly--especially when watching a show. It's just too cute for me. He'll do it on tables sometimes too. Aaaaa, sigh.

Justin rough-houses with Jax, Jax has a very strong LOVE/HATE relationship with it. It seems there is no in between, he's either laughing crazy or crying screaming "No daddy! No!" He gets over the "hate" part really quickly though, and moves to the "love" in no time flat.  This kid just goes and goes. No pauses in his life except for movies and TV shows. :)


Jax loves the snow. He has been refusing to wear gloves; he likes to feel the snow and eat it and turn his hands into ice cubes. 
Jaxton, you doll. 
Forgive the smudge on my camera lens. 
This little goober is STILL not crawling. It kills us because he will crawl backwards all day long, and he'll even go up into the perfect crawl position and move forward about an inch...and then, he just goes  backwards again.  He wants to so badly. And I want him to because I think it will slightly cut back on the whining he does when he can't go where he wants....it's this pitch that really gets into the very center of your brain and echo's off the walls in there, it makes your head feel like it might burst. 
Angel face.



Another tidbit, Rod really loves to walk while you hold his hands. I remember Jax being the same way.  It's something he really enjoys. 
Also, this kid is nick-named "Frank the Tank" at our house. He is like a garbage disposal. Just consuming and consuming and then you look at him and say, "Do you REALLY want more??" It's fascinating. I'm praying he stays this way the rest of his life. It will be his mothers relief from Jaxton's always coaxed, mostly begged, bird eating. 
And Rod is about as solid around his mid-section as they come. It's like picking up something that is WAY heavier than it looks. And you feel him, and he's just solid. Frank the Tank I tell you.

Jax and Rod do their own type of wrestling....
 It mostly consists of Jax rolling back and forth while holding Rod on top of him. And they both laugh, and it's happy magic for the Mom in the room.
It can sometimes end in a little frencher... :)
 But alas, even after the frencher, there is almost always a little crying, usually not by Jax....

These kids are good at what they do. 
Me? Not so much.

3 comments:

  1. Max and I loved the video, in fact we are even going to watch it again :) Cute pictures, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great. Always enjoy reading up on life at your house & seeing your cute boys! I love how you tell it how it is :) too funny about you not eating the batter (I love cookie dough & cake batter!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute.. great post Tawny.. . Samantha had a bad rash on her neck and under her chin because of the drooling too.. i hated it and felt so bad!

    ReplyDelete