Thursday, January 12, 2012

First part of January

  For some reason it's not snowing, and it's January, and we're in Utah. So that is very cool, it allows for Jax to go outside in a nothing but a jacket and a cap and play in our dead, completely un-leveled yard with dirt and weeds and the garbage that always manages to blow into our backyard during storms. :)
He is "eating" his lunch outside.  But in truth, this kid doesn't really "eat" anything.
Looking in from outside. 
Still looking in from the outside, the little ham.
 Jax has  so much energy all the time (I know, he's 2) it's really nice to be able to send him outside sometimes. I just have to make sure I keep a REALLY good eye on him, he's all mischief and a slight runaway.

This last little while has been a sick time for our little family. It started with Rod over Christmas--I finally took him to the after hours doctor on Jan. 2nd (b/c New Years was on a Sunday) and he had a double ear infection and a eye infection, I felt SO bad i hadn't taken him in sooner. Darn parenting. Either way, he got antibiotics and has been feeling SO much better. 
Awesome side note: Because I was already getting terrible sleep (between Rod and Justin) I decided to FINALLY train Rod to sleep through the night without feeding. I really would have done it earlier but it was just easier for me to get up a give him a bottle and go back to bed, but as of late he has wanted it more and more throughout the night. He used to sleep so much better.  So, it was time.  It has been 6 nights and he is doing really well, if he wakes up, its only for a short little bit and then he puts himself back to sleep. It's helping him not be so sleepy during the day as well. 
KISS HIM!!
Justin was next to get sick--he actually felt "under the weather" and "run down" -- fake sick and a sin in Tawny's book of life (women get that every month with a period, and for 9 months in a row from being pregnant, and everyday from being with kids, lets all cry about it.) -- the day before New Years Eve, but actually got "sick" sick, really quite legitimately ill, 2 days later and he is still getting over it. It has been the sickness of death for him. He hasn't been this sick since he was ill for the first 2 weeks of our marriage. So, that has been a sad thing for WAY to long.

Jax is currently sick. But just with a cold. His cough sounds like terrible. 

I was sick for a little, I think I might have gotten the VERY muted version of Justin's death sickness.  I took some cold remedy stuff that Debbie kindly brought over when I felt it coming on, that might have helped. Either way, I'm totally over it. Pretty sure I got the best hand.

Moving on:
Jax was "helping" his dad put up curtain rods. It was pretty cute. He noticed Justin get out his drill and such and ran upstairs and grabbed his new little drill and was telling us all about it.
Look at that concentration!!
I LOVE this picture.  Such a good helper.
  Rod was just watching them and giving me the flirty smile.  He can just look at me in his little way and I just GUSH.

Rod is turning into a really good eater. He used to choke all the time, but has gotten so much better.  And he really seems to prefer it.

Crazy handsome dirty face.


So just barely, Jax came and asked me for some yogurt. He never asks me for ANY food, so I jumped to get him some. Then he asked to be put in the high chair. He hasn't been in the high chair for like a year. Who cares?? He is going to eat! So I put him in the high chair. 
Then he says, in the sweetest voice, "Feed me, mommy??"
Little dude, if you will eat, I will feed you any day of the week. So I pull up a chair and feed him like I do Rod. And he ate it up. And he wanted cheerios, just like Rod.
Eat em' up Jax.
I think he was feeling, just a little bit needy.
But I LOVED it, like REALLY loved it. Kinda freaky.
Be mine Jax.
I'm such a goobery mom.
My VERY little baby. :)
My my, I love my boys.

3 comments:

  1. you are the cutest goobery mom! your boys are seriously handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know we say this pretty much every time, but your kids really are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) love the real life stories of Tawny! Carter's done a few things like that lately - like jax's having you feed him - and, agreed, if it gets food in his belly or him to sleep earlier - done & done - I'll likely do it! I love little melt your heart moments.

    No fun on being sick!!!

    ReplyDelete