Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crawling Rod-ee!!

TODAY, Rod started legit crawling. Forwards. It is THE cutest thing. Jax never crawled, so this is very fun and new for me. It's just a really cute thing to watch.  I actually got the first 3 successful attempts on camera, but it's a 4 minute video; so I'll just post the 1minute one with him crawling just a tiny bit, he's kind of crying the whole time... It's still really cute.  He has done it since the video better and better...I just can't get over the little baby waddle timid crawling thing. Kiss on your cute face Rod!!


 Three semi-action shots... The balloon was the thing that got him to crawl in the first place.
This is how it starts..
Then he's off! :)
I love this one...mid-crawl. :)
I went in to get Rod up after his 40 minute (eye-roll) nap today and there he was, sitting up, staring at me! He's never been sitting up before when I've gone to get him in his crib. It was really fun.
I love this face, he does it when he's really enjoying something--no sound comes out, but it looks like he's screaming. :)
And now he will "love" the balloon:
 Rod weighs 20lbs!! Mr. Thick-Chunker-Boy
Check out the kids large hands! 

Jax really wanted his picture taken, (he was watching me take a million of Rod crawling.) So I said "smile" and this is what I got:
 How often does that happen? I love it. Actin like a little angle. :)

As it happens, at our house, Rod LOVES sippy cups and Jax LOVES bottles. Well, Rod loves this sippy at least. 



Heart Throb.
Rod is getting his first tooth as well!! 
Bottom left; it's really going to aid him in his food binges. :)

Seriously Jax?? Cutest face ever. Never mind that he is reaching for a large serrated knife...Don't worry,  I got it from him after I snapped some cute pictures... :)
 These are just crazy Jax doing silly little jumps off the stairs.
 Notice his face and arms in a lot of these, he was being SOOO goofy...

"Le-le-la", hand flicks!
Look at his weird face and arms and self!! LOVE IT!!
Favorite face. Hands down.
 He was saying, "I like carrots, de-da, oh I like beans, nar-nee, oh I like ketchup, etc..." in a little song and in a silly voice.
He didn't like 90% of what he was saying, just ketchup, the little goob!
  
Sing, sing a song.
There is only so much for a boy to do, indoors, in the winter...

For my records:
 I am SO impressed with how smart Jax is. He has a little "eye spy" book Justin's mom gave him for Christmas, he is so good at it. And really good at remembering.
When he see's any kind of sign or book or anything with letters he try's to say the letters out loud. He doesn't get all of them right all the time, but I love that he recognizes that they are letters; and he actually does get them right a lot of the time. And depending on when you ask him he knows all their sounds! He's actually known them for a long time, he's just getting better and better and consistently recognizing them. Yay for Leap Frog products! :) And Yay for Debbie for getting them for my kids! :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh Tawny, those boys are dreamy cute. Congrats to Rod- there'll be no stopping him now! Hope you're ready to run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious! happy day for rod! Jax sure has long legs! That boy is going to be tall! Cute boys! Love your knife picture & comment haha

    ReplyDelete