Monday, May 15, 2017

May 8-13th

This is our week in backwards order... :)
Jaxton's Birthday was on Mothers Day this year; so we celebrated on Saturday. He wanted waffles and whipping cream with berries. I love that too and work Sunday mornings; SO, the amazing Justin made me a Mothers Day breakfast, and Jax a Birthday breakfast all in one! It was so delicious!! I love Justin!!
 Jax has been SO excited for his Birthday, and this is one of the HUGE reasons why. He can play games as much as he wants...! So this was him for quite a while on his birthday, just to document. :) 
 Are you kidding me with these cute pictures?? I love my sweet boys! 
Jax got a drone for his birthday! AND not shown, his other birthday request; a big bag of fiery hot Taki's!! This boy loves them.
Crazy story: He tried to fly the drone inside and it just went into the wall; so we had him take it outside. We all go out there in the backyard and he gets it to lift up off the ground, and in about 10 seconds flat it lifts up, higher and higher, and then starts rocketing East, (which was the way the wind was blowing,) farther and farther, Justin and I saying 'Stop, stop! STOP!" But either Jax doesn't know how, or chooses not to. And it flies out of sight about 200 feet into the swamp. And we are just standing on our porch in disbelief. All of us. And Justin says "Well, Happy Birthday Jax." And Rod starts bawling, "Doesn't he have any other presents??" And runs inside to cry and cry. Jax is silent. He doesn't ever show much emotion or say many words, especially if he is uncomfortable, or if he feels bad...We all kind of assumed the drone was gone forever, but I had Justin go look for it anyway. And because Justin is the best, look for it he did. He went tromping through the swamp like a amazing hero and miraculously found the drone!! Inches from water-which would have ruined it! So needless to say we haven't even gotten it back out since then; we are going to need to teach Jax to use it in a more controlled environment before he can use it outside again. It was a super crazy experience.

  Jax really wanted to go play Laser Tag for his birthday with Natasha's family, so we went to Seven Peaks Fun Center in Lehi! It was fun but freezing, and as usual, a ton of the attractions were shut down; and I only got 2 pictures...Jax was able to play 3 rounds of Laser Tag with his Dad and Cousins! Yay!
Per Jaxton's request we had turkey and cheese sandwiches, strawberries, and Doritos for Lunch. And then Little Ceasers Pizza and breadsticks for Dinner. Also Fanta, Root Beer, and Sprite for Dinner and his party, which was later that night. Also, for his party, he also wanted Rainbow Sherbet, and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I probably could have guessed most of his choices. He LOVES soda, sugar, chips, and sugar. :)
Everyone that could, came over later for his birthday party. I spent a ton of time working on this particular cake Jax wanted. He ended up loving it though it was far simpler then the original he saw online. He was so sweet about it.
  
He is ALWAYS ready to be a silly goof!!
 
 Jaxton's main request at his birthday party is that we play kickball! So we DID play!! It was great! Hopefully it fulfilled his dreams. We missed a few family members that were out of town or busy, but it was still a really good time!! 
 
 
 
 Jax got a WIDGET SPINNER!! They are all the rage right now, he loves it.  Natasha got it for him! He actually got another one from his other Aunt Brooke; he is stoked to have 2!!
 
 I have a best friend neighbor, Ashleigh, who graced our party as well with her family, we loved having them!
 
  So many amazing people love Jax!
 
  
 
 Happy Birthday my sweet, handsome, Jaxton!! You are so loved!! I can't believe how big he is getting! 8 YEARS OLD!! WOW!! He will always be my "mama's boy." :)

Calvin is so silly and cute.
 It was Ashleigh's Birthday earlier in the week, I made her a cake, I love her!! Her 5 year old took these cute pictures!
To celebrate Ashleigh, I got some friends together and went to eat and to a comedy show. Crazily, at the comedy show, I had to go on stage and do the weirdest unspecified things ever. It was SO weird, and crazy, and HALRIOUS. It was SO out of my element. I had to come off that adrenaline rush for like 2 hours after. I don't think I will ever do anything like that again! Luckily, all my friends were there and they thought it was the best part of the show. So, glad to be of service. :)
 
 I love the bond between Ollie and Rod. They warm my heart. Rod shared his explorer gear with Ollie and they explored together. They ALWAYS get along so well. Cal always wishes he could be part of their club, but it doesn't work out like that. Ollie and Cal play good together, and Rod and Ollie play good together, but all 3 of them doesn't quite work out as well. Oh well. We love this pair.
 
 Piano Recital!! Jax did SO well!! This kind of thing always makes me so proud and happy. He is amazing. I don't think he even gets that nervous! Jax and the piano warm my heart.
 Rod had Mom's and Muffins on Friday. IT WAS SO FUN!! I love when I get to spend time with just one child individually for a while. I love how important they feel, and how important they make me feel. Aw, warm fuzzies.
Earlier in the week I took the boys to the river on a run. I LOVE this pose Rod does, quite often, in pictures. My favorite part is his leg cross. He is darling. 
 I LOVE Cal's "cheese" face!!
 Here is Cal's "cheese" face AGAIN! He was making a "rainbow", he was so proud!
 
 I stoped off at the fountain at the Mall on the way back from Costco. The boys had a BLAST.
 
   
  
  
Jumping is the BEST! :)
I love these kids. It's been a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment