Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Jaxton's Birthday

My little 4 year old turned 5 on the LONG awaited day, May 14th!
Justin had blown up a bunch of balloons and we put them in his room and decorated the downstairs with them and with streamers.
Somethings I want to remember about that morning:
I heard him get out of bed and dash to his door and run downstairs, I could tell he was looking at everything. Then he came into my room and said, "Mom, the house looks amazing." :) Slay me. And then he went through and named everything we had decorated specifically and said that we must have "worked very hard". And then he asked "Who blew up ALL these balloons???!" I told him his dad did, and he looked very impressed and said "That must have been really hard work!!"
I was soooo melted.
Jax is always very good at noticing things. He usually notices if I'm wearing something new, or different make-up or different hair. He always talks about what he wants to "buy" me, it usually is a "beautiful" dress, lots of flowers. It's very endearing. Some of my favorite quotes from him are: "I love your smile Mom" and "Mom, your eyes are beautiful."  True story, and he's said them more than once. My sweet boy.

He had preschool on his Birthday and took cotton candy as his Birthday treat (thanks Gabe and Jerica for letting us barrow your machine!) He thought that was pretty cool.
So we did things differently this year and Jax had his first "friend" Birthday Party. We invited 7 kids and they all showed up! The kids were really cute but I don't know that we will do another "friend" Birthday for a while...:) And though Jax loved his friend birthday, I think he missed his family party with his cousins and people that love him. Anyway, it's hard to entertain all those different little kids with different personalities for that long! I bow to teachers of any sort...!!
 
  Jax was very specific about his cake, I made it just as he specified--on my 2nd try--and it was DELICIOUS. Vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and whipping cream with raspberries on it. He gave it his stamp of approval and loved the way it look and it made him excited, but apparently, he never wanted to actually EAT it, silly me... He just wanted his "green" ice cream.:) So he never tasted it. :)
  
And those presents! That part went way faster than I thought it would. We were about 30 minutes in the negative at this point and I was really hoping they would just love to play squirt gun war the rest of the time, cause that's all I had left...
 
 And they did! They played squirt gun war for 30 minutes until their parents came! Phew!
 
 
 We got Jax a basket ball and a basketball hoop.  After his friends went home we said he could play the Wii. He LOVED that.
 Happy Birthday to our favorite sweet, energetic 5 year old!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment