Monday, February 4, 2013

January 2013 ends...Hallelujah

We were able to get some Monster Truck tickets for a steal of a deal, (thanks Mom!) at for the last Saturday in January. They kids were BEYOND excited. The anticipation was really a fun aspect.  Once we were there and it was time to sit down--Jax got really nervous...he was a little afraid of the trucks. The arena was WAY smaller than we thought it would be so we could see really well. It also made everything more intimidating for a 3 year old. :)
I brought ear plugs for them both--good thing--because it was LOUD. It was a pretty cool show, a really good time was had by all. Rodrik (who refused to take a nap previous) feel asleep during the last 30 minutes. which was really pretty funny because it was SO loud.
Monster trucks are definitely the favorite things around these parts. My kids have this History Channel documentary on Monster Trucks that is available on NetFilx; they watch it all the time. My 3 and 1 year old are entertained by a 45 minute documentary on monster trucks. :) It's really cute.
 They are ready to go with monster trucks in hand!
 Jax isn't really smiling in any of the pictures--he was really pretty nervous...

 You can't really see his face well because of the darn back light, but he is pretty nervous--these where all taken before it began.
 And this is what the little arena looked like--it was really small. And guess where all those toxic fumes went--ya we basically breathed it in for 2 hrs straight. GROSS. I would so much rather attend one outside. 

 
 The picture on the left is about 3/4's the way through the show, Rod really started to get into it--clapping and jumping. I have some really cute video of it. And there his is getting ready to fall asleep in the picture on the right.

The next week we had some fun at the McDonalds on 8th N. in Orem. It's new and I always prefer it. This was actually on my dad's birthday. I made him some pies that actually turned out--it was a miracle. And my mom some really tasty enchiladas. YUM! Happy Birthday Daddy!! We love you!!
 I love this picture of Rod. He really is SO cute. He has the most infectious cheesy smile--and I have such a hard time catching it on camera--I think it's because he is usually moving when he's smiling.
 Jax was impressing the other little boys there with his tricks. He would jump off and go immediately into a summer-sault. He also likes to do a jump-twist thing, that is what he is doing in the picture on the left. And that is his cheesy grin on the right. I love that boy.

Ever since preschool I have been noticing that Jaxton's manners are improving in leaps and bounds (among other things). He says "No thank you" more often than "no!" and he say just plain "Thank you" more. He also is very good at saying "I'm sorry" un-prompted. It's wonderful. Miss Marlene is the bomb.com. :)
And apparently he is very good at preschool and has a super positive attitude--Miss Marlene says that you just can't bring him down; and so far in Sunbeams at church I've heard that he is great. He is a good kid. I just LOVE him. 

Rodrik has been growing in speech, its SOOO cute. If you ask him a questions he'll usually say "Uuuuh, yees." or "Uuuuh, noo." And it's very deep and raspy. He loves to run and jump, "one, two, sree, goo!!" and he takes off. He will usually show off on demand if I say, "show how fast you are Rod", he is ALWAYS up to the challenge  :) He is also really rough and tough, he loves to play with Jax. And Jax really can be a very good brother and plays really well with Rodrik most of the time. It WONDERFUL.
It is now that I am finally really appreciating that I had my boys so close together, it was SOOO hard in the beginning  but it is already really paying off. They can just go off and play at times and I can do whatever I "want" (ie: clean, shower, etc...) 

In other news, I had legit "Jury Duty" for 3 days this last week. It was CRAZY; like out of the movies!! The lawyers were real and saying very lawyer'esk things. And they were dealing with like MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars, it was completely UNREAL, the amounts of money that were in question. Anyway, it was a VERY neat experience. It was amazing, the jury just has to come up with a verdict. There were 8 of us, 6 had to agree. The only down-side was that I had to find accommodations for my kids! A big thanks to Justin, my mom, and Natasha for helping in that department. Especially Justin, it really threw his week off as well.

Justin is still working on the bathroom, but it's almost done!!
  We just need to get a vanity mirror and put it up--it will be soooo wonderful to have it all done. It has been QUITE the project. He had to move lots of pluming and electrical, it was very hard. Justin is "the man".
 He can literally do anything. :)
Way to go babe!

3 comments:

  1. kinda funny because Tyrel was wanting to take our little fam to a monster truck show last week - haha! I bet Carter would have been nervous like Jax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, funny! But ya, I was pretty surprised at how nervous he was just because he had been so excited and lives them so much...didn't make a difference. Those trucks are pretty crazy in person.:) next you have a chance you should go, it was fun.:) miss you Jenna!!

      Delete
  2. love the bathroom.. glad its finally done!! way to go Justin!!

    ReplyDelete