Saturday, February 23, 2013

The messiest mess!

So, the messiest mess my boys have ever made happened yesterday.
Both boys went crazy with our knock-off Walmart brand 'Eucerin' (SOOO greasy!) Rod did most of the damage there. Jax preferred 3 tubes of toothpaste and a tube of 'Bengay' (brand new--luckily he didn't use all of that one...) The damage is pictured below. My children are alive today based solely on the fact that their dad was at work when this happened. :)


So they got the lotion on every room in our upstairs. It's in a lot of places that aren't show even. It was a nightmare to clean. There was quite a bit on the carpet as well--in all the rooms.
They ended up using the ENTIRE tub of "Eucerin"--pictured below.

 
It's all over Jaxton's pillow and on the floor--all over.


Here is where most of the toothpaste ended up. There were 3 different tubes he used...something that you can't tell from the picture is that the boys had dumped cups of water onto the duvet as well, so it was really wet. Joy. :)

Proof of the empty tub...
We had to borrow my aunts carpet cleaner and go to town
What was I doing during this explosion? How did this happen you ask? WELL, I was downstairs in my kitchen working on track work-outs for the High School kids. I didn't check on my boys like I should have BECAUSE my boys really DO play well together, I promise. I don't like to disturb that. They can play and play, it's not super uncommon. So, I [retardedly] assumed that the giggling and running from room to room was them playing like they usually do; they have NEVER done anything like this before. So I didn't have cause to really be super concerned. Obviously....[eye-roll.] 
Anyway,
For the record-- the hardest thing to get clean has turned out to be the chair cushions and the really BIG spot of greasiness right by the foot of our bed...


5 comments:

  1. So ironic this happened after we saw that picture of the boys who had "painted" their house. :) I had no idea this happened!! I could have helped you clean up. Maybe it is time to invest in locks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry! hopefully the boys were super soft and smelled minty-fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! I remember Sara and Katie emptied a tub of that exact same lotion all over our carpet and walls and blanket on our bed (So it was at least confined to one room). I think the only thing that would be worse would be vaseline. I love how Rod looks so sad about it all. I am sorry about your new carpet though. At least our carpet is really old and gross. Also every night I go to bed and see a greasy handprint on my wall, but I am too lazy to get out of bed and scrub it off, and I forget about it until I go to bed the next night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! I can't even imagine that mess!.... seriously, can't imagine anything much worse unless it was something like oil paint or a red berry... poor mama guaze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have grease stains still, call me.
    I have magic!

    ReplyDelete