Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January so far...

We had a birthday/ anniversary party for my grandparents--it was really nice, a lot of fun. We love you Gram and Gramps!!
 Emmalee made the most amazing cakes for the occasion... I only pictured 2...there were 4...!!

Jax went to the dentist for a check-up (he has been other times--but for other sader things..) I was very worried that it would be a nightmare; but it was GREAT. The staff was SO good with him. It was amazing. He then went in later and got 2 small cavities filled--with no numbing and no gas!! It was a miricle. And he loves the dentist now. Hallelujah.

   I have a little goober that LOVES over sized sunglasses. 
Maybe someday, if summer ever comes, he will be able to wear some  sunglasses for real. :)
I think my kids are SO beautiful...

Clarissa's Baby Shower happened, it was SO much fun!! We love that girl!
And we all love happy celebrations and such fine excuses for family get-to-gethers!
Oh heavens, and we had the most amazing food at Clarissa's Baby Shower..this is what my plate looked like. It tasted SUPER good.

 You can kind of see my parents new "addition" to their house: a HUGE new living room. They just knocked down all the walls on that half of the house to make room for one big room. It's getting closer to being done and looks great!!
It was fun to have Zach at the shower. We love Zach!
We love ELI!!

Rod has been sick off and on--he is "on" right now. Poor thing. 
The weather is SO terrible; I can't even explain the negative effects it is having on my body, mind and spirit! (I'm being slightly dramatic--but only JUST slightly.)
I have never in my life contemplated moving SO much as I have this winter. I keep finding myself saying/screaming "I hate Utah!!" It is quite tragic. Heaven help my negative attitude....
Cuddling with a fever.
Justin has been plugging away at the bathroom. It has definitely taken WAY more time than he thought (this is when I want to insert an "I told you so!") and is way harder than he thought. It's going on 4 weeks and we still don't have a toilet up there. But that should come soon--maybe today?? Huraa.  He is doing a very good job though and learning a lot. He will be able to build his own house by the time this house--and it's list of projects--is through.

And this is what I do: I practice patience; and fail the majority of the time. And I clean.
January has got to be one of the worst months.

2 comments:

  1. It's all cute and fun! Agreed, though, January sucks in Utah. I vote we all move to St George! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Justin he can come teach me how to do bathrooms next ;)
    Yeah, house to-do lists are just never ending and YES they take forever to do!
    Haha -on the "practicing patience" comment. Me too :)

    ReplyDelete