Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Oh, how could I forget?!

After posting my "Christmas" post, I realized I didn't even document my awesome husband. I love him. He really went above and beyond and then farther beyond that, for Christmas this year; all for me. Not only was it all really nice stuff, it was REALLY thoughtful. I'm not bragging (meh, maybe I am,) I just think it is a really good thing to remember the really nice things your spouse does for you. And I need to remember more often, thus the documenting; thus the bragging. :)

So thoughtful present # 1: Boots
These boots. 
It doesn't get much more thoughtful than that. I didn't even tell him what kind I wanted, all he knew was that I wanted/needed boots. What a good man to have a thought like that with an end result like the picture above. Ahh, what fun.

Thoughtful present # 2: A freaking Oreck Vaacum Cleaner.
This Vacuum. It's called: Magnesium.
It weighs 9 lbs. Nuf' said.
This was actually super thoughtful on at least 2 counts: 
a) He actually originally bought if for me for our anniversary (back in November,) apparently he had been saving and saving for months; but we decided not to buy gifts for each other because we were going on the cruise. So he saved it for me as an "extra" for Christmas instead of spending the money on something else that maybe he wanted; because I didn't know about the money, he could have spent it on anything after we decided to not get each other gifts--I wouldn't have known, it wouldn't have been "bad" if he did, we decided not to get each other gifts for heavens sake. But he didn't, he spent it on me, on my new vacuum. Cute heart.
b) Our original vacuum is broken and weighs probably 50lbs. I've loathed it ever since we have had stairs--I was using it broken assuming broken was better than no vacuum--but I thought it was ruining our new carpet--so when my parents got a new vacuum we jumped on their ancient old one. It is also broken, but not as bad as our old one. So we have been using that. It's a pretty typical vacuum weight, like 35lbs-ish. We have used that for like a year. I have dreamed about a light vacuum for years and years; probably like any other mom that has stairs. Anyway, needless to say this was really thoughtful of him to get. I thought we were way further away from buying a new vacuum, it was on the bottom of "the list" sadly, and he just really surprised me with a really nice vacuum. It's really wonderful. 

Thoughtful present #3:
So, a fun fact about me is that I love waffles. Like a lot. That and/or some good french toast is my absolute favorite breakfast food. Justin, on the other hand, kinda couldn't care less. Long story short, he doesn't love waffles.
Anyway, so I busted my beloved waffle maker (like dropped it from 8 ft up busted,)about 2 months ago. I was a wreck about it, Justin just kind of thought it was hilarious, (it literally busted into like 10 different pieces.) I haven't made a waffle since. Boo-hoo. 
Sooo, as you probably guessed (but I didn't) Justin got me a really nice waffle maker. Which, how thoughtful is that? That was a 'he's only thinking of you' gift. You can't twist any kind of hidden motive behind this gift.
In case you are wondering, it looks like this:
It's soooo lovely.

Thoughtful present #4 (yes, there is more...!):
Let me just preface this present with this statement: Justin loves Apple products. L-O-V-E. He will, some day, have all Apple electronics. There are worse things...;) 
Anyway. He knows I have been crushing on the iPad since my sister got one. (Justin has been crushing on them WAAAY before that.) She keeps it in her kitchen mostly and does recipes (that was what I really liked) and can just prop up the iPad and cook, music, kid entertainment, the list goes on and on...We were like years away from that purchase though, and I knew it, and that was fine, not a necessity, it was down there with the vacuum on "the list". ;) But Justin really wanted one, he's wanted one forever.  Anyway, lo' and behold the man (Justin) is given one at work about a month before Christmas (yes, for the millionth time his work is the coolest place to work,) and get this, he doesn't tell me, keeps it secret. 
And gives it to ME for Christmas.
  His special iPad that he has always wanted. He gave it all to me, and it is mine. And that is really nice. And in case you live on Krypton, this is what it looks like:
And it's beautiful.

So, ya. Justin rules. And I reap the benefits. :)
Love you babe.

And I'm not saying that you have to give awesome material gifts or spend a bunch of money to make someone happy (it might help...;). But it really is the thought that counts! And I think it is fairly easy to tell if someone gets you something that they have put a lot of thought into. And I really appreciated his thoughtfulness shinning through on these, albeit, really, awfully nice gifts.

ps. If your wondering what I got him for Christmas, it was a pillow. But a good firm one at that. You can't understate the worth of a good pillow...;) And then he bought clothes online and we said I gave them to him for Christmas. Go me!! Mine are the more everyday thoughtfulness kind of non-material, inexpensive gifts...;)
Again, love you babe! :)

3 comments:

  1. I always read your posts in my email and invariably look for the "like" button after, haha. Your blog is great; you have the cutest kids and the greatest husband. Love you Tawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post made me get tears. seriously i am almost crying because it (and you and justin) are sooooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man justin totally won like a million awesome husband points! Lucky lady! Love you guys! Can't wait to see you hopefully some time this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete