Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jaxtons 3rd Birthday!


What a day!! Picture OVERLOAD (and it was a major PAIN getting them on here. Blogger needs to work on that.)
Jax has been SOOO excited for his birthday--been talking about it for the last month. "My birfday comin' up!", all the time. So I really wanted him to enjoy the day, and it turned out really well.
Balloons in the morning, i'll be doing this again, both boys thought it was great.

Birthday breakfast? Chocolate milk bottle. Don't tell Justin I gave one to him...look how happy he is.
It was a slightly boring day after that, except the 4 wheeler ride with his dad, but the party that evening made up for it. :)
Right before we left to his party--he was very excited.
My friend loaned us her parachute to play with--the kids LOVED it. Quite evident from the pictures below! Thank for snapping them Tash!














Jaxton's cake was melting...but luckily it was a chocolate monster truck cake, so it just looked like the trucks were in actual mud..I'm that good--I plan for the elements. ;) 
This year I tried to do a "healthy" cake...very little sugar, etc...It was hard. For some reason everything seemed to be SO temperamental. I don't know how I feel about it...


At least you don't have to feel guilty about eating that weird chocolate cake. Ironically, Jax didn't even touch it. I also made home-made ice cream, that didn't turn out super cool either. Kind of icy, but it had a really good flavor. I shoulda put in the heavy cream...;)

Look how cute everyone was playing Frisbee football!! Aaah ya!!



My beautiful boy. I finally took him to the doctor AGAIN (like 30th time), and they said he has "slight" pneumonia. So he is on antibiotics. Thank goodness. This boy has REALLY been whinny (understatement) and I just feel like he has been sick for the last month straight.
Favorite picture of the night
The only time Rod wasn't whining whilst not being held is the pictures above. Water in a bucket, so smart.

I made a Thomas the Train pinata. The kids were SO cute and nice and everyone was so good at sharing their turns.
see, CUTE!!
and cute again!!


Katelyn always started off looking like she wasn't hitting very hard, but she had a surprisingly hard hit don't let her fool you. :)

Love this cute pict of Ethan, he looks like he's sword fighting. :)
Another sword fighter. :)

Max was definently the hard hitter of the bunch. Look out!!


Mai, on the other hand, was the most delicate hitter, and wound up missing and giggling about 75% of the time. :)

It took a while, but it finally broke.
Okay, we have the best kids ever in our family. When the pinata first started breaking, like one candy would fly out, Jax would pause, pick it up, and go take it to someone. Totally unprompted sharing! And then, when it was finally all broken, those cute kids just kind of walked around, picking some up, eating others. Just being so nice and cute to each other! There was seriously NO fighting the entire night.
 Best nieces and nephews ever.


My amazing supportive family spectating.



Hazel and Rod love each other. They were just loving and hugging. Had to get some pictures.



The crew coming in from the pinata to do presents.

   
I love our family!! EVERYONE came, Jax loved it and I loved it. Our family rules.
Present Pictures (basically, he got spoiled.):






Okay, another crazy thing.
You know how you just pray your kid is going to be grateful and kind about the presents he receives and the wonderful people who gave them? Jax was an ANGEL, he gave EVERYONE a hug after each present and I could tell he really appreciated everything. He loved everything and everyone and was more than willing to show it. Praises. I was thankful.





 are you melted yet? Cause I am. :)
 The last present was from us, it was a bike. He had ridden it at Toys R Us so we knew he loved it and could ride. It was kind of a last minute thing and I'm really glad we ended up getting it. He LOVES it. When he saw what it was he squealed and said "This mine??" And then he jumped right on it and started riding around the park. I was happy.









LOVE this picture.
and this one. Gotta love the moral support from the CUTE cousins!!
His darling cousins just kind of followed him around, he was so happy. He has such nice cousins.


Ethan sporting the awesome bag I made him...;)
Justin almost single handed-ly clean up everything. S-T-U-D!!



My dad widdled (is that the right word?) this awesome shovel and a little dagger (very blunt tip)  for Jax. I wanted a picture of the two of them together with them, but then It was night time in Jaxton's room and my dad was no where to be seen. So this is the best I got. I LOVE YOU DAD!
All in all. SUCH a fun time for Jax, and for me, I seriously was so impressed with the kids, and with Jax! I'm pretty sure it lived up to all his expectations. :)
 What a good experience. Every year Jaxton's birthday has just been so much fun and such a pleasure. I'm so thankful for our good supportive families. Can't imagine life without them!!
Love you guys!!

3 comments:

  1. It was tons of fun!!! Thanks for putting so much time and effort into making sure a great time was had by all. :) I love that you are documenting everything. When teenage Jax claims you have done nothing for him, you can show him this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like super fun! I do have to say that whittled is the correct spelling, I think widdled is more like peeing or baby talk little. Hahahahahaha! But your dad's carving skills are A-mazing....and so are your pinata skills.....and child raising skills.....and blogging skills.....:)

    ReplyDelete