Monday, September 12, 2011

He has been blessed.

Rod was blessed last Sunday!
 This is what he looked like the morning of.  SO cute to me. 
I thought we were good to go that morning, but we weren't. We were late for church! Isn't that terrible? On Rod's blessing day. We get there and both our families are already there in their entirety and we have to try and find a seat somewhere...how embarrassing. 
Also,  add that I had to run to my mom's for some last minute fixes (the after party was at her house) so I had my flip-flops on---was in such a hurry getting Rods cloths on and getting pictures before we left that I didn't change into my church shoes (which are SO darling btw) and just wore flip-flops to church. oops. And it looks really good in the pictures. We were just setting the good example in many ways. And Jax didn't have his shirt buttoned or his tie on. oop. 
It's not like our church starts at 8am, it starts at 11. We had plenty of time--just weird set-backs. yeeha.

But DANG, isn't this kid cute???

He knows it.

Jaxton's shirt was still in the dryer, but he really wanted to be in the picture. :)

Trying to get a good family picture seems so simple--but it just isn't.

 It might be hard for you to tell, but our boys aren't exactly cooperating. :)
(ignore the flip flops)



Rod was blessed with a lot of really good things.
 I really liked that in the beginning of his blessing he was blessed "first and foremost to know that you are a son of God."
It was a really nice blessing, beautifully worded.

 Clarissa must have been writing like a mad women--she had it all written down for me, bless the sister-in-law. :)

Everyone, came to my mom's house after for soups and ice cream sandwiches. It was a really nice time. Thanks for everyone that came, we have a lot of really good family support.

3 comments:

  1. Rod looks handsome... good job Justin on the blessing..
    love ya tawny, muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love those family pictures! And Rod is a dashing young lad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures tawn! Jaxton is looking real manly without his shirt.

    ReplyDelete