Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nite-time

First of all, remember when I said Rod did 8hr stretches at night? That stopped the moment I wrote it. It's 6 hours now; and then I'm lucky to get him to sleep 2 hrs more. grrr. It was all so good...He is tired ALL the time now. Wonderful, I'm working on that.
Secondly, Rod rolled over last night! From his back to his stomach! And he's done it twice today! And that is with him getting a combined "ground" time of like 15 minutes since birth. I'm so proud. I don't think Jax "rolled over" until he crawled, which was when he started walking. :)
Look, he's so proud that he rolled! :)
I want to remember that this is how Jax goes to sleep at night. 
 I LOVE this contraption over his crib. 
 We are all aware that Jax is crazy coordinated and  jumps and climbs like nobody's business; that said, climbing/jumping out of his crib--no matter which way it was facing or what we tried--became one of his favorite past times in a hurry.  This kid HATES sleep and fights it really hard as it is, so, once he could get out, everything was a nightmare...just for a week, THEN we acquired this tent/child capture-er thing from my Aunt Marci (who is brilliant). Basically= He. Cannot. Get. Out.

p.s. Jax was totally tired when i was taking these pictures last night....in case you can't tell. :)
It totally zips up with no outlet for escape. I really think it even helps Jax feel safe--seriously, he REALLY seems to likes it. His sleeping has gotten SO much better, and it is at least a little more in our control.
It's like the "child product" I would say I "can't live without".
I have no idea when this 2 1/2 yr old is going to switch to a toddler bed---but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Why would I do that when everyone is so happy this way?
Sadly, that faraway "toddler bed" day is probably similar in time ratio to the far away "potty trained" day and the "doesn't take a bottle to bed" day... I'm such a good mom. I should get an award, or teach a class or something. :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute photos!

    Scarlett also hated to sleep but when we tried the tent, she was able to get it undone!!! Crazy, huh?

    Scarlett also took a bottle to bed until she was two. We finally stopped after she had 4 cavities at her two year dental appointment. Even then, we slowly weened the bottle away.

    You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures.. I heard the crib tents work great.. my brother used one with their daughter... Rodrick, has the cutest smile. I want to meet him soo bad! hopefully soon... Every mom has their own parenting ways... your a great mom Jax is turning out great! love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel- Thanks! Actually, I'm not that surprised that cute lil' Scarlett was able to undo the tent, she's got that intellectual/ mischievous gleam in her eye (Jax is more cave man/ mischievous).:) I'm more surprised that she was able to sit still as a 2yr old to have a dental appointment! :)

    ReplyDelete