Thursday, July 28, 2011

The end of July

So we have this nice camera but it only takes special batteries. We have 2 rechargeable "special" batteries for it. In the move we lost the charger. This means we have a beautiful, nice camera that just sits on the desk. Dead. So now i have to just use pictures from my iphone.
  Hopefully that charger turns up before Rods blessing.

 
Jax suddenly loves his helmet. What a great thing to love. especially when the kid is going at the speed of light on his trike! oop, that's a big lie.
This kid is more coordinated than any other kid I've met his age, and yet, he's not learning this trike thing at record speed. Maybe the opposite? I mean he can ride his trike, but he is not super efficient or effective...we are working on it.

Rods 2 month figures are as follows:

23 inches tall = 78%
12lbs in weight = 66%
16 inch head circumference = 65%

 Jax LOVES Rod TO DEATH. "Hold it mommies, I hold it"

Rod has a little bit of a hard time holding his head up in the bumbo---tummy time is way worse. He is one of those babies that just lays there completely face down while moving everything but his neck and head. Well, his head kinda just goes back and forth like an inch in each direction while he whimpers. That mental image should make you smile...:)

This is what Rod likes to do as of late. He has a hard time if he is not in my little pouch, (that green and white material "pouch", not my 20lb fat tummy "pouch"--I know it can be confusing). He looks really cute in there but it hurts my back more than you'd think.

Personally, at this point, I don't think my boys look alike (at all) or have similar personalities. I think Jax was more jolly and animated. A little less disgruntled at the human race in general. And lets be honest, Jax definitely had a bigger head.


time will tell...

5 comments:

  1. wow, rod is a whole pound bigger than haze! What a cutie, your hysterical and thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love your posts too! You always leave me laughing. Your boys are seriously the cutest...but you already knew that. ;) So, Leif is working in North Dakota on a flood zone and it feels like he's been gone forever, but all in all it'll prolly only be 5 weeks. And every other time he's gone it's because he's working in Utah County/SLC area. Sometimes he works here too! :) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice update Tawn.

    I lost my nice camera's charger too & was able to find another online - not the canon eox brand one, but a knock off that worked for it though - & paid less than 10 bucks I think. You gotta do that & if you do find the other, then you can feel good about having a backup

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!! Rod is soo cute and getting so big.. Im glad Jaxton loves his baby brother and is being a good big brother. miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i'm late on this, but wanted you to know i loved the tummy time image. also love that jax asks to 'hold it.' and love the wrap thing. pretty sure EVERY way of carrying babies hurts my back. i shall be a poor hunchback before all my kids are grown, i'm sure.

    and what is this trend about losing nice camera's battery chargers? the same thing happened to my in-laws! good luck on that one.

    ReplyDelete