Sunday, July 24, 2011

The 4th

I love the 4th of July. 
 Because of Rodricks sparse, irregular sleep patterns we opted out of our usual 6am Balloon hurrah.  We did make it to the grand parade though. Totally fun, we really loved it. We had wonderful seats with wonderful family thanks to Grama Wing!
 The 1st picture is Jaxtons all time favorite breakfast: chocit milk baa (instant breakfast in a bottle). Because this is basically the only nutrients we can get Jax to digest on demand; we do it when we're in a hurry; or when Jax hasn't eaten in a couple days. :) 
(what? your 2 year old doesn't take a bottle?? odd.)
 The below picture just makes me laugh, classic Debbie Gause. She is the best documentor i know. :)
G & G Gause with Jaxer-oo
 My latest fling below...
 Jax and Mai are best friends and had a blast at the parade; this next picture is jax sharing his toast with Mai. He knows Mai won't turn it down; i've never seen that skinny little girl turn down food. ever.  Jaxton the other hand wont accept any food. ever. Maybe thats one of the reasons they get along so well. :)
 Love this picture with Jax and Grama Wing.
 Cute bride-to-be with my photogenic son.
 Holy gorgeous Chanel!!
awww.
 Some cute spectators...
 more...

more... oh, and in case you were wondering, that's cute little Ethan hiding by his daddy; he did not want to be in any pictures. :)
more cute spectators!
 How did i get so lucky!? 3 babies! :)
 And this grand finale picture is the closest thing to a "family picture" we've got.

I only got pictures at the parade with my camera. But we did do some other fun things:
1)BBQ at my mom's--- probably the most delicious BBQ I've ever been to. ever. Thats a pretty bold statement.
I made the cheesecake below for dessert, i was proud.
2) Water fight of death. This happend after the BBQ. I've never been part of, or witnessed, a water fight of this magnitude. Neither have you. Husbands against wives, wives against husbands. Screaming, bruising, egging, hitting, pulling, you name it. There was NO mercy---by the men. The girls tried to not have any because it was a definent weaknesss that came back to bite ya. 4 hoses, tons of wierd things filled with water, everyone soaked to the bone (well, lets be seriouse, mostly just the girls for the first 85% of the fight) including the interior of my moms poor house. The boys totally cheated and were ruthless, mean, and violent---which helped them win many battles, but alas, the nobal girls won the war. And by the end of it all, we got the boys p-r-e-t-t-y good. It was an amazing avent. I threw many a raw egg.

3) Fireworks! Loved them, you know who REALLY loved them? Jax. Isaac and his friends put on an awesome firework show and then, since cool fireworks are now legal, and go high in the air, we could just watch everyone elses from our very own driveway.:)

Fun times with awsome family!
I love America, I'm glad they have a holiday that celabrates that.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Tawny!!! I want to eat your face! I mean.... that cheesecake! It looks SOOO good, please make me some and mail it? BTW you have such a gorgeous beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful fourth of July. and you make some good cheesecake! I love the family picture!! cant wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete