Monday, March 28, 2011

oops.

Jax is 22 months and still has very little hair; but it still needs to be trimmed every so often or he starts to look like a rag-a-muffin. 
It's weird, he has hair, but he doesn't. It's curly but it's straight. It's thin, but it's thick. It's blonde but it's red. or light brown. Anyway, he always looks a bit sharper with a trim. And it's a fairly easy process since he doesn't fight it; it might be one of the only things he doesn't fight us on. And that boy can FIGHT. :) I think it is because he see's his dad cutting (he uses clippers) his own hair so often that it makes him feel like a "big boy" to be able to do what dad is doing. In any case, it makes it nice.
This was his 2nd official hair cut; maybe 3rd?? And seriously he doesn't really have hair, so like I said, it's weird. So we are giving him his cut and Justin gets out the sissors to trim around his ears and the back of his neck...his ears went great, the back of his neck...not so much. Jax moved exactly when he clipped the scissors and Justin took off a good chunk of hair right down to the near skin area. It looked bad/halarious. So of course you "try and fix it", got this buzzer thing, it was shorter than we thought and anyway...the result was this:
Notice how the left side is missing hair? We were tempted to just do the deed and replicate it on the other side so that he could have a mullet of sorts, and then Justin mentioned steps...in the end we decided to be boring and just leave it; that way people know that we messed up. We love that.:)

While we are here...
This is Jaxton's new favorite thing to do (play with water in the sink). It always ends with water out of the sink, and on the floor/counter/Jax, but sometimes that "end" can take up to 20-25 minutes to get to...Do you know how much I can do in 20 minutes? Not as much as you'd think, but you get the idea. :) So I let him play more often then not. He LOVES it.



And while we are STILL here... 
This is Jax in his Sunday cloths on his way to church. Jax really doesn't mind church. I mean, sacrament meeting is hard; the kid has a lot of energy. It can be rough, but the awesome fact that makes it all bearable for him is that he has nursery after sacrament meeting. And he knows it. He LOVES nursery. He has always loved nursery. I even put him in nursery at 16 1/2 months without telling--I told the leaders he was 17 months and I think they knew I was lying. But seriously, at that point Jax was just too hard for me at church, I couldn't deal anymore, so I said that I wanted him to start to "get comfortable" before I brought him in at 18 months--to "come get me if there is a problem." And then I walked away really fast, before they could stop me. He has NEVER been brought to me, never had a problem, never cried, never anything. He has loved it ever since the beginning of time. In sacrament meeting, after anyone sits down after speaking or singing or praying or anything he always looks at me and hopefully says "nursery?? nursery??" And I always have to say, "not yet"; but then when I say "yes!", he freaks out and makes a b-line to the nursery room. He knows where it is and can go there by himself. We know this because one time I wasn't going fast enough for him (we sit in the front at church and the isle's tend to get backed up)--so me and my preg self was stuck at the front of the chapel waiting for the crowds to dissipate, Jax took off before I could grab him and went in between, around, and under legs/dresses and was gone. I semi freaked out just because I couldn't see him and didn't know where he was going (the kid has NO bounds--so if there was an outside door open, he would just be gone and be hit by a car in the middle of the road), so I had Justin run around and find him. (He's just a tiny bit faster than me when I'm pregnant...:)Justin found Jax in the nursery room playing. I thought it was so funny.
Anyway, he makes life fun. What a goob.:)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your post!! lol... Jax is so dang cute and his hair looks great.. lol...

    ReplyDelete