Saturday, November 13, 2010

we're pretty cool

Justin and I went to Park City for the weekend (Thurs., Fri., got back today, Saturday). It was GREAT. In a word. Eating out every meal has got to be one of the best things ever; not being responsible for a child; hanging with my eternal companion. I've been looking forward to it for a LONG time. My AMAZING parents/family/GREAT grandparents Haight all made this possible by watching my cute little CRAZY baby. For 3 days!
THANK YOU!!!! You are the BEST!!!
Jax had a blast; didn't care one iota that I was gone. Seriously, when  I got back and we finally left to go back to our house with him; he just kept sadly and pathetically saying as we got in the car and drove away "mai mai....mai mai" (that is what he calls my mom) over and over, almost bringing himself to tears... He REALLY missed me.
Another happy thought:
We have 18 people in my extended family to buy Christmas presents for (excluding Justin, me and Jax). While we were in Park City we went to the outlets and SCORED. Got EVERYONE pretty darn cool presents, and dude; we got D-E-A-L-S. And so, now we are done. WHAT??!?! I've NEVER been done this early...But i'm NOT complaining. We are SO happy. We did so good. We were like the shopping masters--we were just on a roll the whole day. We basically shopped for like 10 hours, and we still liked each other after. How many women can say that about their husbands? I know, Justin is a cool shopper. A good trick to help if you have a problem getting your guy to go, and go with a smile, is to let him buy something for himself about every, oh, hour and 1/2...It's not the cheapest thing but you gotta weigh your priorities. :) j/k...kind of.
Anyway. We are PROUD. To bad we only think to take pictures of our son--hence none from our anniversary thing...sad.

Thanks again to my family--love you!

ps. If you don't go on a overnight-er for your anniversary--you should; give yourself a break. I highly doubt you wont like it...:)
 

3 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! that is ultra fun! And i love the halloween pics too. way way cute. why are baby elephants the cutest thing ever? i dont know but they really are. just go to the zoo. there is a real baby elephant. love. it. looks just like Jax. haha.

    we had an overnighter for an anniversary but um, well - you know it happened to be that time, so it kind of ruined the fun. But still - just going out to eat and not taking kids everywhere is ULTRA fantastic. it's great to have a break. ha.

    james hates shopping. i'm pretty sure he'd rather shovel manure the rest of his life then have to go shopping. it is such a pain. I do almost all the shopping while he is busy with something else. it's lame. Go justin for being a great shopper!

    this is long. sorry. congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, you're hysterical tawny, you should write a column in the newspaper :). I'm glad you have fun! And I'm glad you got EVERYONE done???! Oh help. I have Jax. :) One down, tons more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. love reading your posts - they are tawny through and through.

    I hear ya, Carter loves his grandma and grandpa so much more I swear. But it's great that they aren't super clingy right?

    Side note: I totally have to see you when I come out for Christmas this year! K?

    ReplyDelete