Monday, January 30, 2017

Jan. 22nd-29th 2017

Some members of this household started feeling better this week. Mostly everyone except Calvin...He is feeling a little better now though, but it took all week long.
 Jaxton and Rodrik looked so cute working on their homework together. They were concentrating so much. Rodrik was actually just PRETENDING to work on homework--he likes to do that--he doesn't actually have homework in Kindergarten. But look how well he would do it if he DID. ;) 
Side note, Justin bought those red ear mufflers for like $3 to wear shooting one time, they didn't work great. BUT the kids LOVE to wear them all the time. I don't know why it makes them feel cool--but it does. They are SO big on their little heads...!:)
 
Jaxton made this poster "All About Me!" back at the beginning of the year to share during his Spotlight Student week. I had forgotten about it, it's so cute. He put his favorite things on it. 
 
 Jaxton and Rodrik both have a fantastic art teacher that happens to also be in our neighborhood. They did a Robot display (I put it on the blog about 2 months ago) and they finally came home with their Robots and the boys are still so proud of them. They are so fun to look at and I love the captions. Rod:"Karate Bot" Special Skills:"He misses bullets when someone shoots at him. When he dies he can miss the sword." Hehe! Jax:"Dimunde Robot" Special Skills: "It can cut Dimunds" Haha! Loved them both. Jax later added "And it can crab Dimundes frum far awy. And it can look undar the grawnd and if he finds a Dimund he can deg weth hes shuvul and he can cute weth hes speshel acx and the liter can cut as well and the gak hamer." Sigh. I heart him. Rod's robot also has more special skills, but they would take pages to cover...! :)
 
 Sometimes Calvin and Rodrik play together and it is THE BEST. Here they are both being lions and transporting the markers from one room to the other with their mouths. I was trying to get them both to look at me for the picture but Calvin could't take his eyes off Rod. He thinks Rod is the coolest. Rod is so good at pretending, EVERYTHING. And it's SO cute because he usually "HAS" to take his shirt off to make whatever character he is playing more realistic. I love is. :) Also, he has the SOFTEST skin of all my children, it's like butter. So if you ever see him shirtless you should give him a hug and feel his beautiful skin.
 
 
Jax had a fun night on Saturday. His awesome piano teach Terry (on the left side of the picture, I cut off her head! grr!) had all of her students over for a pizza/movie party. He loved it. She is always doing something over the top and fun for these kids.
We had to pick Jax up early from his piano party so that he could go to the UVU basketball game with my mom and dad and Max! Jax had been looking forward to that for a whole week! Rod went as well with Eli. It was some kind of Teacher Appreciation day (Mom works at UVU) so everyone got little "meals", soda and chips were the highlight, the boys came home SO hyper...!! :) Clarissa and Zach were waiting for Eli to get home at our house--we all watched Fixer-Upper for an hour and a half (love it!!) and when the boys all got home they literally freaked out for like 30 minutes straight. Like screaming and running and rolling with each other. It was fun to spectate; especially when chubby Porter would get into it with the big kids. It was so cute.
They had such a great time at that game!! I love these pictures! Thanks Mom and Dad!!
 These are some selfies I have on my phone from Jax. I think they are hysterical.  He is trying to kiss his bicep! Where did he even see that?? Haha!! I can always count on Jax to leave me things in my phone that are so silly. He can really make me laugh.
 
 My Dad's Birthday was yesterday! These are the only picture I got; I thought it was cute how all the kids were so into the shirt he got. Calvin was so into it--he "helped" me wrap it up. So cute.
 
My dad got this sweater stuck on the top of his head for like 30 seconds. It was pretty funny, he couldn't unbutton the top button, it looked so funny.
 
I made my Dad berry pie for his birthday. I unknowingly doubled the pie crust somehow. So it was very much crusty. And just a little hint of oven smoke from the pie spilling out in my oven. Someday I will make a perfect pie. Of course my Dad didn't complain. I love him. :)
 Clarissa took these pictures, and they are so cute!! It was SO MUCH FUN to have Zach and Clarissa in town this weekend!! I'm so glad we were able to see them as much as we did.
 
 SO GLAD JANUARY IS ALMOST OVER!! This has been THE WORST winter I can remember. I have never in my life seen so much consistant snow and such arctic temperatures. It has been awful. Please come quickly spring...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment