Monday, November 14, 2016

The middle of November

Calvin eats apples best if you give him a WHOLE apple as opposed to cutting it first. I think it is so fun to watch him eat his big ol' apple with his big cute mouth. Probably because he is actually eating, which is exciting. I could probably take pictures of him doing most anything and think they were cute. He is so fun to watch. Vexing, but fun. :)
  
Rod had his front 2 teeth hit very hard (I know, my kids and their dang teeth!!!) when he was 3 and they died and turned grey. We got fillings put on the outsides of them to make them look white-ish. He has since hit them a few times pretty hard, but apparently not hard enough to knock them out. Until the other week...He hit his tooth on someones head on the trampoline and it got VERY loose. It was bothering him because it gave him a hard time eating and such. He wanted it out but was nervous about letting me yank it. He was very brave on an off and would let me wiggle it and I would get it a little more loose with my attempts at wiggling--so would he--he tried to get it out himself a bunch. It was so loose. Well, this last week he was wiggling it and wiggling it and I couldn't take it anymore. I could see the dead gross grey root when he wiggled it and I knew that had to come out of his mouth, that night! So after a little drama, he let me wiggle it, and I just kept pushing it into his mouth until the top actually came out of the root socket, (I don't know how it was still hanging on??) but it was jagged and sharp, so you couldn't get it back in, or it would really hurt. So though it didn't hurt for me to push it that far, it was all the sudden in his mouth the wrong way and any kind of pressure just pushed that sharp part into his gums. He started freaking out and I knew I just had to pull it, or it was going to really hurt, not to mention look absolutely ridiculous, (confession, I feel so bad because I was laughing SO hard. The tooth was totally the wrong way in his mouth and it looked SO funny. That offended him. So that was sad.) I was trying to take a picture, but he was so hysterical (so was I...:) so I couldn't. Also, I was nervous it was hurting..so I just yanked it out. And it was a SUPER gross tooth. You can see the filling, the dead root. It's all jagged. Yuck. He was so happy to have it out of his mouth though! Look at that cute, proud, happy face!! Drool and all! :)
This picture is my favorite.
Zach and Clarissa came into town for the weekend and we went with them to the park where the kids played and played. It was so fun!!
 
 Later that night we celebrated Clarissa's Birthday 6 days early. So I made her a double chocolate torte. And we got a picture! Yay! We love, love those Judkins!
 This is so good: Rod is going to do Karate. He has been begging and we finally found a place that isn't over $100 a month for lessons! Yay!! 
And he is SO excited!! You can't tell from his face, but he had just gotten this uniform put on him and the head karate guy had just put on his belt and he was about to go out and join the others. And this is the face he made. haha!! But he was ELATED. Just a little shell shocked I think.  These pictures are too good. My sweet Rod.
 AND then, Justin and I went on our 10 year Anniversary trip! We went to St. George and it was SO GREAT! We had a super nice view from our hotel and were able to just relax and eat food. Which were the 2 goals of the trip. ;)
The biggest let down was this delicious ice cream/icee shop that had closed for the season 4 days prior. We had been dreaming of them for so long (we had had them last we were in St. George) and were so excited to eat them all day, every day. So that was a huge bummer. Other then that we had a lot of fun together and it was just super. We shopped, we ate, we hiked, we hot tubbed, we just hung out. So nice.
The most super is my family and friends that watched our kids so that we could do this. They are just the best. Our kids were so happy, we have such great family.
And here follows the most pictures I will probably ever post of just me and Justin.
 
 You can't really tell but the view from our hotel was awesome. Also, they gave us truffles on our beds, they only had queen rooms left so we got 2 extra truffles... It's the small things... :)
 
At night, we hot tubbed a lot. This was the view. It was super great.


  
And then we hiked around a little bit at this fun park and saw really cool stuff. The landscape down there is crazy cool.
 
 I channeled my inner Chanel for this picture. She would have rocked it. No pun intended...:) The views, again, were pretty awesome. 
 We had a such a great time!
Now it's back to normal everyday. 
I so appreciate everyone who helped with our kids. 
Such fun times.

1 comment: