Monday, November 21, 2016

A post about Calvin's hair...

Well, mostly about Calvin's hair. A few things first:
This is a CUTE picture of Jax after one of his basketball games. It is so fun to watch him play. He plays well, he loves it. I love watching him.

 
This is the worst picture ever of Rod a Karate. He is in black behind the white guy kicking the black thing. He is punching his way back, and it was the cutest thing EVER. And I tried to video it, and I didn't have enough space on my phone. So I just got this lame picture. Also it's blurry. I'll get a better one if he continues. Despite him have a blast every time he goes (I can see it in his face, he loves it! Rod=Karate) he is insisting that he doesn't want to go anymore. It would be way cheaper for us if he stopped, but because I can see the light in his face when he is practicing, I am going to make him go for a while longer...we will see how long. He does so well. He is a good listener and tries his best and loves learning and doing all the moves. I don't know what his reservation is. I'm wondering if it's just to be contrary. Anyway...
 Also, it was our real anniversary on the 17th. Happy 10 years to us. Justin is amazing and got me these beautiful flowers and YUM chocolate and dried mangos from Costco (the BEST!) AND he got his mom to watch the kids (thanks Debbie!) So we could go out. All were completely unexpected. We had celebrated at much cost in St. George a week ago. It was super dooper nice of him.
 NOW on to Calvin....
Here is me trying to get some pictures of him with his cute hair about an hour before my appointment. If I say, "smile!" He does this face:
 Or this:
 Or this:
 So we went to Cookie Cutter Cuts. It was awesome because he got to sit in this little pretend race car and he had a TV about 4 ft from his face, they give him a balloon and a sucker. It was crazy cool. Look at my beautiful baby...!!
 Here is the back. She put 3 little rubber bands in his hair and cut them off and gave them to me to keep per my request. They are such beautiful little locks.
 And here is some progress. He was SO good. And cute!
  
I think it was a little after this point when she got it looking really cute. Like a little baby cut. It was darling. It was what I had in my head for what I wanted it to look like. And for some reason I said "maybe a little shorter?" I think I said it because I didn't want it to grow out in one week and look super long again, or get all snarly in the back again. And that, sadly, took it to a very strange length. And suddenly his wavy hair was getting more poofy and the sides looked suddenly feathered... It looked like an older women's hair cut. Or like hair that needed a hair cut...So I was about to pay, and I was just like, I can't take him like this. He looks ridiculous. He is a cute kid, he shouldn't look so silly on my account.  And I said, "Just cut it off..." !!
 There was a child who had gotten their hair cut while I was waiting and I asked that it be like his. So the sides and back were short, but the top was longer and swoopy. That way I could still have the little cute highlights on the top of his hair. It was way shorter then I was originally going to go, but it look so much better that I knew that was what had to happen. Phew! But sad...
 This is what it looked like after she was all done and it was styled. He looked so handsome. But SO different!! It's sad for me, but he looks really cute with his little neck showing.  
  
Here is the before and after, pretty big deal for me:
 Here it is a little dry, he has this natural wave. He stole grandpa's glasses. Haha!
 
And then I took 5 trillion pictures this morning after his bath while he was drinking his smoothy. He just looked so cute. 
   
     
I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment