Monday, October 17, 2016

This last week! 10/16/16

We had a fun week.
I got my kids school pictures back! They are SOOO cute!! I never buy them but becuase they were so cute, i thought I would this year. Little did I know that if you want anything bigger then a 5x7 it's going to cost $25, and that is for 1. So I'm still contemplating that...But they are so cute I took pictures of the pictures!
 
 
There was a new road put in by us called Lakeview Parkway. The city put on a "Bike the Parkway" event to commemorate it. Justin worked late (sad) so I went with my Mom, Dad and the kids and we BIKED that parkway. It was actually super fun. They had blow-up's and food trucks and a bunch of different "Mighty Machines". Very fun for everyone. Sadly, I didn't get a "biking picture", it was a little crazy even with my wonderful parents there to help. Just a lot of people. But here are Rodrik and Calvin on some bounce houses. Calvin is getting so brave now and will jump with other people. It's kind of a big deal. :)
  
And then, we went to Fire Day, at the Provo Rec. It was pretty fun too, Rodrik had really wanted to go, so we did. :) Their favorite was doing the water hose, they felt very powerful. 
The Firemen did a "live fire demonstration" where they get all the kids in this little portable set up like a 2 story house, (pretty uncomfortable for anyone over 4 ft.) and teach them about fire safety and then simulate a real fire with fake smoke and have the kids exit out the back onto the porch and climb the ladder down to "safety." I'm pretty sure all the kids in attendance had nightmares that night. I over heard the Officer saying "Almost all fires happen at home while you are asleep in your bed..." Yikes. The fake smoke scared Calvin pretty extensively. He was so cute and having such a good time in that little house until that smoke...! Haha! Jax almost flipped out too, but recovered quickly, and had a good time. Honestly though, my kids didn't have nightmares, so maybe it wasn't as tramatic as I was thought. 
That dog was remote controlled and said what ever the fireman controlling it said. Rodrik LOVED bugging that dog and found it fasinating. He could not stop touching the dog and trying to pull the dogs hat down etc... One of the rules is that you can't touch the dog. So that got a little out of hand...Sometimes Rod has a really hard time obeying--it's not normal--but every so often it's like the consequence is so worth it... :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The boys were so cute to listen to the fireman talk about his truck. They liked it. Cuties.
AND THEN Justin and I went to the One Republic Concert! Justin working at Vivint definently has it's perks! It was just one big giant work party. Justin and I had SO MUCH FUN at that concert!! They are really fun to watch, super musically talented. 
Fall break is coming next week! We need to get to a pumpkin patch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment