Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Some more of July...

I love when my boys play together and get along. Best thing ever. :)
 On July 3rd we went to a Haight Celebration at Lisa's house. It was SOO fun! And to top it off, Uncle Gord brought his famous fireworks to wow us all. Fireworks never get old...!!
 
 There were some really awesome fireworks in Debbies neighborhood the weekend after the 4th. 
 The kids had so much fun being together, and the fireworks were amazing. 
 And this SUPER fun game of "chase" between Rod and Lincoln resulted in tears more than once, but fun had to be had!
 
 
   
 
Fun times!
 
 This is just a cute picture of my kids. Sometimes they just say "take my picture" and stand all posed and stuff. :) I love the one where Rod is looking at Jax. Well, I love them both...!!:)
 
Remember how the Mix's are in NY! :( This was my last babysitting time with James. And he was SO happy, until 8 pm and then so sad, but mostly mad, mostly irate. Chanel and I were FINALLY able to get him to fall asleep with music, bottle, rocking, and a whole bunch of good luck! :) Love that little boy!! Miss him!! 
Costco had the coolest jackets, much to my kids' happiness, I couldn't resist getting a Batman and Spider man Jacket for them...! I don't regret it at all, my kids turn into the ACTUAL Batman and Spider man whenever they put them on. It's the best!!
 My kids (*all kids* i'm sure) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to wrestle with their dad, maybe more than anything.
    
 I love watching them all wrestle, I was trying to just get a picture, but the kids had other ideas...! :)
 And I forgot Cabela's was so cool. My boys LOVED it. Here they are by the fish. And these boys ARE silly!
We went to the splash pad with Grama Gause and the Gause cousins, oh the fun that was had!! 
 
I love this picture! They all just stop obediently for a picture!! Those dolls!!
 And later that day we went to feed the ducks and walk in the river. Unless you are Jax, then you fall in the river. They all thought it was pretty darn fun. And look at these cute pictures!!
 My more cautious child, Rod, did not feel the need to walk in the river (phew!) so he chilled with us on the trail! 
 
 
 In case you couldn't tell, Jax and Ethan thought they were PRETTY cool, being on the "waterfall" and all. :) Rod is like his dad, he just always thinks he's cool. :)
 Then we went to the splash pad AGAIN with Tasha's kids!! Another good time!! I'm telling you, my kids are having a GREAT summer of fun! Not to mention the great times at Seven Peaks! Geeze! :)
 In the middle of July, amoungst all the fun, amoungst everyday life, Justin's brother and Sister in-law had some heartbreaking and shocking news. The sweet little angel baby in Brooke's tummy (Eli Aaron Gause) has a condition called Trisomy 18.  Essentially, the baby is deemed "incompatible with life", and it is extremely rare in these cases for the child to live longer than a few days after birth. And it is much more likely for the sweet baby to be still-born, or pass away in the womb. We are praying that Brooke, Jason, and their kids will have the opportunity to hold Eli before his perfect little self passes on to the next life. If anyone reading this can also add a prayer for their family, I know it would be very appreciated. 
Here is a link to their blog. This is the link to the initial post where they share the specifics of what had just happened and how they are planning on dealing with it. They do regular updates and share very insightful, uplifting, and tender things. Feel free to stay updated and check their blog often, it is very strengthening no matter what your situation.
We love baby Eli and his family so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment