Monday, September 24, 2012

Park City

My parents have a Timeshare Condo in Park City that they pay top $ for and mostly just get ripped off constantly (Westgate--don't use them). But the good news is that their children (us mostly) who don't really ever pay anything get to use it sometimes. So that very situation happened last week.

So, kind of embarrassing confession: I think this was the first "family overnight-er"/ "family vacation" that we have ever been on. Alone. Me, Justin, Jax, and Rod. It was one night. :) We ALWAYS go with at least one other family. I've always been scared to death to go by myself with my kids and Justin only. So this is a new development. Way to go us!! And it went great! It was actually really nice to just have it be us for a little bit. It IS possible to have fun by ourselves!:)

We went to the Farmers Market--it's a little different from the Provo Farmers Market--more Ritz, but it was really fun. Park City is seriously the most dog friendly city ever. They had dogs running around everywhere and just had random dog bowls filled with water around the city for random thirsty dogs. At the Farmers Market they had this crazy dog trainer man that had his crazy loyal dogs doing all sorts of crazy things. It was pretty cool. And I don't like dogs. Jax wanted one. Jax always wants a dog...
 After dinner we went to Main Street. Because we love that place. It was even more pleasant than normal. They had lights everywhere, lots of things to look at, it was really fun. 
And we got over priced ice cream cones. 
Jax picked "bubble gum" ice cream. Bright blue with super hard bubble gum pieces to crunch on and almost break your teeth. Glad we paid $5 for that cone. I got some kind of magical chocolate caramel heath bar chocolate thing. SO good. And here I go on to shock and awe: Justin got the same thing. What?!? Is this a Gause?! Is this Justin Gause? What's he doing ordering triple chocolate threat and loving it?? I'm telling you, I have a positive chocolate influence on that man. :)
 And of course the Moose; with my sweet boys. 
I LOVE THOSE BOYS!!
Jax thought this bear was pretty cool.

We also swam at the pool for long periods of time, that was probably one of the highlights for my boys. They love that water. But seriously, I think they liked the whole thing. It was a good 24 hours.
Thanks for throwing your money into a terrible Timeshare trap mom and dad, it makes for some very good times on occasion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment