Monday, August 21, 2017

School is starting!

Justin's group at Vivint had a work party and it was a lot of fun. The kids got their faces painted, Jaxton's was painted twice because his got washed off in the dunk booth.
 
 
They had bounce houses and they were just baking in the sun. The kids didn't seem to mind too bad though.
 
 
There was a bubble station that was also a lot of fun for the kids. They liked to chase and they liked to blow. Blowing was probably the favorite though.
  
 Better then all the things, they liked the dunk tank best. They spent most of their time here. Over and over and over. They loved it so much. It was pretty fun to watch.
 
 
Call dunked a few kids too, but it was Rod and Jax that couldn't get enough.
 
This was MY favorite part. They had a green screen and, after a small agument, the boys chose the land of the dinosaurs! They had little props you could use for fun. After the picture Rod said, "I just knew this red cowboy hat would come in handy!" :)
That night I got me some Zane lovin'!! He uncharacteristically let me put him to sleep without being swaddled, just cuddling!! I was in HEAVEN!!
 
 The next day we went to Jerica's work and did so much art!!
 
It was extra fun and special because Clarissa was there with her darling kids and Natasha joined us with hers as well!!
 
 
 
 
 Natasha and Steve went to Hawaii with Jerica and Gabe!! We were all so glad for them!! If there is anyone that needed a vacation, it's Natasha. My amazing mom watched her kids while they were gone. Our original plan of just having the kids play together the whole time their parents were gone, flopped, because my kids started school so early, the tuesday after the Sunday Tash left! AND we had a Gause camp-out that got planned that Thursday-Saturday.
 But we WERE able to get them together that first full Monday, We went to the pool at Grama Judkins. Isaac had just gotten back from selling in Des Moines, Iowa, so he and Sami came with us!! It really made it so much more fun!! And so much easier for me and my mom! Calvin LOVED Sami holding him.
 
Look at these swimmers!!
 
This is how it was a lot, (most everyone on one side) because it's a deep pool...the closest 4 feet is the shallowest, so it was the hang out for most of the littles. :)
 
I LOVE these pictures of the kids with Isaac. He was definitely a favorite at the pool! When is Isaac not a favorite?? The kids couldn't get enough of him throwing them and having "contests" with him. So fun!
 
 And then school started!! On a Tuesday!! What?? I had to work, I was so sad. Justin did all the honors of taking them to their first day of school and getting cute pictures. He did a really great job! 
1st Grade and 3rd Grade!!
  
I can tell from Rod's face he was a little bit nervous... :) My cute kid!! 
He starts the day with Mrs. Barnes, (pictured) halfway through the day he switches to Jaxton's 1st grade heart throb, Professora Loftus! He finishes the day with her in all Portuguse.
 
Jax is looking pretty confident!! And handsome! 
This is Professora Wager, she has him the first half for all Portuguese, and then he has Mrs. Anderton for the second half of the day in English.
  
 I'm excited for my kids to start school!! I love them SOOO much but it was definitely time! This has been a long crazy summer! This mom had had it with the fighting, whining and not listening!! Summer was pretty hard for me! I'm glad we were able to do so many fun things though. I think we have some really good memories. But golly, these cute kids give me a run for my money! 
I love their school and they have such good teachers, we are so lucky. Jax is in his 3rd year of Portuguese immersion, and Rod is just starting his 1st year. I am so pleased that they have that opportunity!!
Lucky little American boys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment