Sunday, December 4, 2016

Starting December

This last week we were invited to a friends to do "Chocolate houses." These are like Gingerbread or graham crackers houses, except 20x's better.  She has 3 molds, (1 roof, 1 side, 1 front) and then you double that to make each house. To assemble you use almond bark. It dries super quickly and the house is SO sturdy!! It was SO cool. Here is our before and afters of our chocolate house. 
Before:
  
After:
 
 I think I might never make anything but chocolate houses from now on. AND they smell really nice...
 Here is a picture of Rod at karate. I can't get over any of it, he is so cute! It's interesting because it's all very formal and different, like the things they say and their strict things. Ex. They bow to some flags before and after they leave the mats, they have these chants they do, and they have these titles you must use, that are so hard for me to say, much less remember. Way harder for Rod to say/ remember. But it is SUPER fun to watch them do their little things. I love the loud exclamations when they kick/hit. I can see the kids feel powerful when they do it. Rod seems to be in his element. He pretends he doesn't like to go, before we are there; but I can see on his face while he is there that he REALLY enjoys it...so I keep making him go...I hope it is a fun thing for him. 
I took my ACE exam to be a Personal Trainer on Thursday. And I actually passed!! It was such a relief. SUCH A RELIEF. That darn certification has been weighing on my conscious for almost 4 months. I'm so glad it's over. That is very exciting for me. 
 Jaxton had his 2nd recital on Thursday! He did SO well. And he is super cute. He has had those songs memorized for a long time! He surely has a knack for piano. It flows easily through him and makes him so happy. 
 This little cutie made 3 baskets in his game on Saturday. He came down the stairs before his game and was very proud of his basketball outfit. He loves to show his muscles. What a doll. 
I got Justin tickets to see Jim Gaffigan for his birthday. It's a gift that is nice because I couldn't just send him by himself, that would be lonely, so I had to buy myself a ticket too. :) Getting there and parking, and then getting out of parking and back home was an absolute NIGHTMARE. We left our house at 5:30pm for an 8pm showing thinking we would have plenty of time to eat and maybe run a couple errands. Not at all; We didn't get back until midnight; we ended up inhaling our food and driving the entire time through stand still traffic and hopelessly searching for a parking spot (I finally just ended up moving cones and  parking in a spot they were blocking) and arriving late to the show! But luckily, they started late. And Luckily, IT WAS SO GOOD!! We loved it. He has a gift. We were laughing for easily, 90% of the show. And it was a whopping 1 hour and 30 minutes! So fun. And then the happiness ended when we had to try and drive home. It was almost as bad as getting there. Anyway, Jim Gaffigan is the coolest.
Also, the Haight Christmas Party was on Saturday night and it was so great to be with everyone; such a nice time. We love them. I have video of the talent Justin and I did with Natasha, Steve, Jerica, and Gabe. It was super silly and fun. We sang "Once there was a snowman" on our husbands shoulders and then "melted" at the end of the song. It was fun. The Haights are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment