Tuesday, December 11, 2012

This is a quick update of the last month.
Rod is 18 months old. Nursery is A LOT harder for him than it was for Jaxton. Jax has always LOVED nursery from day 1. Rod has a harder time, much harder. Which I hear is more typical of the age...bummer.
Anyway, at his 18m check-up  I got his stats, but left the papers at the office. All I remember is that he is huge; 90% for weight and height or something, the doctor was very impressed with my "skills" (insert my eye-roll) at making such a large child. Ironically, he eats very little, the doctor didn't seem to believe me. The last few months has turned him oober picky. So neither of my huge boys eat. Go figure. Meal time is usually a really challenging time for my family, and it happens at least 3 times a day, yay! And my kids are cranky if they are hungry, but they never eat, and the cycle goes on.
And Rod is still the drama (not nice drama, screaming drama,) of the world, making quite a reputation for himself among friends and family alike. He is, in a word, a terd. But oh the cuteness, you just have no idea. So he survives, I survive, and we really do love each other much. He is actually a lot more "lovey" than Jax ever was at his age. But that isn't saying much because a clingy whinny screaming child (Rod) isn't more fun than a busy, running away child that doesn't give you the time of day (Jax at his age). But I take the loves when I can get them, either way. Usually with an eye roll. :)
He is talking a LOT better now. He can copy basically anything you say. It is very fun and exciting and new. My favorite things he says are: "eddie, set, GO!" and "Whiieeeee!".  I love his little deep voice copying everything his brother says. :)

 I made this Chocolate Cheesecake for Natasha's birthday--Thanksgiving Day this year! Happy birthday Tash!

 We put up our Christmas Tree the day after Thanksgiving, the kids love it. Love to destroy it.

Jax went running to see Santa at the Riverwoods. Like sprinted up to him and jumped on his lap, unprompted. As Justin and I stood back with our mouths wide open.  I'm glad we even attempted, I wasn't going to--I assumed my kids would freak out. I didn't even try Rod, let get real, but I thought Jax might have a chance at not screaming--just a chance. Turns out he loved it. What? Wonderful, so that was a fun thing. 
Jax loves paper chains and so we did one for Christmas. He really likes that.
His teacher at school (Miss Marlene) said that he is very good at coloring "for a boy" and said his fine motor (threading small things) is very good to, (this is recent, he developed gross motor skill so much quicker).  She is mostly impressed with his happy smiling attitude. She asked me "Can that child say anything without smiling??!" And she was serious, and I tried not to scream "He sure can!!". She also said "I could say to all the children, 'lets all sit here and eat cat food' and he would just grin and be excited to do it!" 
It's always fun to hear nice things about your kids. It's definitely one of my favorite things to listen to. :)

Debbie had a birthday, (insert picture of her and her pies--I made a key lime tart and a raspberry chiffon pie which did NOT set up correctly)the 1st Sunday in December. Huraah and Happy Birthday Debbie!

Justin's birthday is next Monday!
Fun!

1 comment:

  1. These boys are SO cute! You must be doing something right! :)

    ReplyDelete