Thursday, December 15, 2011

December time


Anyway, I'm playing "ketchup" for the month of December so far. We've done some fun things.
Firstly, my mom has done some sort of Christmas something every Saturday in December. It has been very much enjoyed. 
Below is "Christmas Craft" day, there was a million things there for us to do, Jax loved it all.
The only picture I have taken in December have been with my phone...
Most especially he loved putting these beads on the green pipe cleaner, I have NEVER seen him sit and do something for so long. It was at least 15 minutes. It melted me to see him working so hard. :)
Little Ms. Mai making a Christmas chain.
Max's amazed and happy smile, all at once! :)
Jax doing something similar...He is holding his hard work. He was proud. I was proud. Bet I could have shed a tear....I'm gonna be one of those moms!! (The ones that bawl at everything...sorry Jax.)




















To identical pictures of Jax...I think they are funny because of my dad in the background; doing what he does best! :)

Crafters at work!
Rod was exempt from crafting and so he opted to play with a baster. :)
Yes folks, even the man himself was at work here--he crafted the most ingenious little Christmas tree out of popsicle sticks and copper wire. Super cute the way it was (shoulda took a picture!) but he wanted me to put felt around it and make it look more green.
So i did!
So that first Saturday in December was pretty darn fun.
And because my mom has to out-do herself constantly she did gingerbread houses the next Saturday.
Super fun! Not so fun for my mom to make 60 gingerbread cookies in different sized stars for people to make Christmas trees with. Poor mom, SUCH a cute idea, but ironically, in the end, she was the only one that made one. I really regret not making one. I'm sorry mom. Darn gingerbread houses take FOREVER.
But!
Beautiful tree mom!! :)

This is the only documentation.
Notice all of their mouths are full, what do you suppose they are full of?? :)

This is my little goober house. Jax helped. He also ate, as in, ingested, probably about 10 gum balls. 
 I wish I would have taken pictures of the other houses! They were all so fun and unique! Dang! For the record: Chanel had a GIANT beautiful house, that is now on display in my parents living room. My Dad had a very architecturally sound castle--it's something you had to see, legit castle. Arianne and Carter had one that you would clip out of a family fun magazine, you could also take a picture of them making the thing put it in the magazine as well. Natasha had a pretty big cute one that she had bought and made into a masterpiece...and of course, my mom rocked the sweet awesome gingerbread Christmas tree.
Thanks for the fun times Mom!!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me sound so great! It has been tons of fun...I am saving my gingerbread star tree for Jaxton and his cousins to come and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know that comment i just made on a totally different post? yeah, well part of it was meant for this post. the part about your mom nailing the fun gramma routine. tell marsha again that she's amazing. :) love jax's new-found hobby.

    love your card and your note and your email and YOU and your cute fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and then i didn't even realize that marsha was right here commenting with me. :)

    you're awesome marsha! but let's be honest, i would expect nothing less. ;)

    ReplyDelete