Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jax- 2yrs old in a week!

These pictures show what Jax spends a lot of time playing: Cars on our entertainment table. He loves playing cars. Sometimes he plays with the big ones shown here, sometimes its those small metal ones, and sometimes it's both. It is SO cute to hear his made-up sound effects and the way that he has the cars drive and line up and fly. I love it.


Under normal circumstances he would have cloths on. But this cloth-less bum was just to cute for a mother to pass up though.


Jax had his 2yr old check-up. Jax HATES the doctors, more than any other child I have ever seen. So it is ALWAYS a HUGE battle and involves TONS of sugar and tears and sad, trembling babies--or just sad, trembling Jax. It's all because of the stupid flu study that we did, they had to draw his blood twice (HORRIBLE---drawing blood from a baby is terrible!) and gave him 3 shots--on top of his immunizations (I think he had 4). These were different appointments so every time we've gone to the doctor its been a SAD day. This was no exception. It also doesn't help that 80% of the time the doctor has to un-stick his badly done circumcision (and that is a BIG youch). This time however the doctor was un-sucsessful (double youch) as a result of that and some other things we had to make an appointment to see the urologists at Primary Children's. So basically, if I were Jax, I would HATE the doctor too. Poor kid always looks so pleadingly at me; I DO hate those doctors too. :(
 


 These are his stats:
30lbs = 78th % for Weight
36.5in = 96th % for Height (He grew 3 1/2 inches in 5 months! He is getting so tall!)
20in = 93rd % for Head Size (He used to be over 100%, so he is growing into that head a little bit!)
It's always fun for me to see how much he's grown; it's really amazing.

 I'm not going to spend very much time on this subject--it deserves none of my crazy ranting. But these are cute pictures and remember how I tried to potty train Jax a week ago? I remember. I'm trying to forget...I was SO prepared, 3 pages of notes from the method I was trying to do, a dolly that pee'd, candy, soda, charts...I'll just say, he had NO idea what the heck I was trying to do. I think he might have thought I had lost my mind.



















He looked SO cute in his Cars undies though...Too bad he's not going to wear them until he's 5. ;)

And, my dad has pneumonia (he's on antibiotics), Jax has bronchitis (on antibiotics), and I think that I have something now...gross. Coughing fits, coughing in general, when 9 months pregnant, is not a good idea for a number of reasons... 

2 weeks till baby comes!(-ish) Jax is suddenly as of the last 2 weeks, started to be SO sweet to me. If you know Jax you know that "sweet" isn't usually the first descriptive word that comes to mind...but, It is SO cute, and I love it. I think it's because he knows something is coming, something big that's why he's doing it...The poor kid is going to really have a shock.

4 comments:

  1. So are you going to circumsize this baby? And what will the urologist do? Like redo the circumsision? How does that work? And his bum is WAY cute :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Tawny! So good to have seen you - and i just love your brutally honest blog posts. Cute boy! Hope that you all get better before baby boy number two makes his appearance! Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. em, you should call me and i'll tell you about it...because there is a bit to tell. But call me after my appointment on thursday, then i'll have a better idea of whats going on. You will feel sorry for jax...:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. you crack me up, love his little bum. happy birthday Jax

    ReplyDelete